Tuesday, August 26, 2008

kidney karz with a "k" and a "z"

As a rule, I try to avoid doing business with any company that deliberately misspells a word in its name. Businesses like "Kountry Kitchen" kind of make sense, as I can see they may be going for visual alliteration, although I've never actually heard of such a thing. But I have never understood the logic behind misspelling both words (Kountry Korner) or changing an s to a z (Kidney Karz) for no reason at all. Nevertheless, we had an old Volvo we needed to get rid of and decided to donate it to Kidney Karz last week. We chose this organization mostly because kidney disease seems to run in my family, but I was so impressed with their service. We were able to sign up online, fill out all the necessary forms and two business days later our Volvo was towed away without any trouble at all on our part. Quick, easy, painless and now we have donated 83 cents per dollar to a worthy cause and our driveway is open wide for skateboarding again. The moral of the story? Never judge a business by a misspelled word!

2 comments:

shannon taylor said...

I confess, my favorite gas station in the midwest is.... ready...? Kum and Go! now, there's a blog entry worthy name!!

Brooke said...

One of my favorites, growing up in the South, was Kountry Kookin. Quite close to your example of Kountry Kitchen, but I especially love how they took two words who originally started with the same letter, and changed them both to mispelled words! Genius!

But, seriously...the Volvo is gone? Your "I have arrived car"? The car that fit the most Girl Scout cookies ever to fit in a car, car? The Relay for Life flamingo car? I am sad....