Wednesday, October 22, 2008

bon appetit!

Until you have cracked over a hundred eggs and shaped several hundred cookies by hand in one day, you may not understand the term "scratch bakery." Now that I have done this, I say to you all, eat at Flour Girls and Dough Boys! Hand-crafted, whole food ingredients and still less expensive than many chains. There may be a wait, but it is definitely worth it.

My recommendations: all the cookies, all the breads, the mint brownies, the lemon bars, the cakes, soups and sandwiches...and the pastries. All fresh and divine. Bon appetit!

9 comments:

shannon taylor said...

why did you do this???

Brooke said...

I think I just gained 3 lbs reading your post!

Ericksons said...

It sounds so good! I really need to make it up there to try it!

Ally said...

O man!! I wish we could come visit!! I would really like to see that place and eat some good bakery!!(and see you guys of course)

KB said...

Shannon - my sister Carol owns this bakery. My low-stress, flexible full-time job was taking over my life (think 50-60 hours per week)so she offered me a job working in her bakery. I now work for her 3 days a week, baking cookies! It is really pretty fun and her bakery is awesome. I wish you lived in Utah so you could check it out...

Sara said...

It's my favorite place! Everyone should try it. You will love it!

Carol said...

I had heard through the "grapevine" that you quit your other job. I'll have to come see you sometime. Let me know when you are there - although I try to avoid that place as much as possible because it is addictively delicious! I dream about the mint brownies. We took our boys there for breakfast over fall break and devoured everything we ordered - panini's and sweet rolls. YUM!

Carol said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carol said...

That last comment was actually from me - Carol. For some reason my account came up as Adam. That stinker's been on my computer messing things up again. Hmmm.