Monday, August 11, 2008

at the end of the day it all falls apart

At 6 o'clock this evening I wound up my work day planning to fix a quick dinner, spend quality time with my kids and then put on my new running shoes for a jog around the block. At 6:45 I sat down to eat and decided it was too hot to run outside but I would go to the gym. At 7 o'clock my kids had fled and I flopped down on the sofa. At 7:10 my husband talked about mowing the lawn and I envisioned myself in a healthy weeding workout. At 7:15 I thought about changing my clothes but it seemed like too much trouble. At 7:20 my daughter asked me to take her to the store. At 7:25 I knew my running shoes would not make it out of the box. I'll probably go buy some ice cream.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Seriously sounds just like me last night...as soon as I got home, I put on my workout clothes, then sat down, made a grocery list, went to Wal-Mart, got a slush at Sonic, all while wearing my workout clothes. I reminded myself of that joke..."The doctor says I should ease into a workout routine, so today, I drove by a store that sells sweat pants". That was me yesterday, and apparently you too! There's always today...we WILL workout today!! ;)