Sunday, February 15, 2009

such a poor example

Abby has been participating in a missionary experience with the youth in our ward for the last month or so. It has been a great program; the youth seem to love it and are learning a lot.

This week is "power week" meaning they are living (somewhat) by mission rules. No tv, no music (except church music), up by 6:30, in bed by 10:30, attend all church meetings and have personal study each night. She has been firm in her commitment to follow all the rules.

I, on the other hand, have found it a little taxing. As it turns out, there is a large dose of mother's guilt that comes from watching tv when your 12 year old is upstairs avoiding it. Likewise with music, computer and such. I actually found myself saying today, "I can't wait until Abby comes home from her mission." Such a poor example!

3 comments:

shannon taylor said...

that's why you're my friend! sadie asked if our family could try going a week without tv and I immediately said, "no way!"

Carol said...

My older sister unplugs all of their TV's every summer. That would drive me NUTS! Tonight when you are enjoying American Idol or Biggest Loser, or whatever your Tuesday night choice is, just think of it as helping her to learn to resist temptation.

western dave said...

we should post a pic of her winnings! she definitely didn't get her spirituality from me. must be you!