Tuesday, February 24, 2009

the right thing

If you have ever read "Bridget Jones Diary" you may find it surprising that Bridget Jones is one of my most favorite characters. It's not that I drink like a fish, smoke like a chimney or think of 136 pounds as excessively fat, but I completely relate to her "verbal diarrhea."

I have long known I speak my mind too freely, voice my opinion at times I should not. I often prep myself before heading to work or social gatherings, thinking "I'm just going to keep my mouth shut, I won't say anything, I'll just keep my mouth shut." It has become something of a mantra to me.

And yet rarely a day goes by when I don't regret at least one conversation I've had. If I could choose one trait or skill or talent to have it would be to always say the right thing...but sadly this talent eludes me.

2 comments:

Ericksons said...

I tend to have the same problem but if I try to keep my mouth shut my face says it for me!!

Brooke said...

I could have written this post. Also, love the "verbal diahrrea" tag on the post.