Wednesday, September 24, 2008

the trees are in the ground

I was waiting to write about my newly planted trees until I had photos of them, but in truth, my husband is an amazing photographer so I rarely pick up a camera.
You will have to take my word that we successfully researched, purchased, waited for digging approval, and planted three trees last week in honor of my dad and brothers.
We now have a beautiful Yellow Poplar (aka Tulip Tree) in our backyard and two fruit trees, an Asian Pear and a Peach, planted in the "orchard" area.
I am very excited to watch them grow and am grateful to my loving husband who, in more truth, did all the digging and planting. Thanks again to my in-laws for this beautiful gift!

6 comments:

Brooke said...

That is wonderful Kriste! You should photograph them each year around the same time to show their growth!

Kayleen said...

I love it!! I want to plant a tree in my yard. Wish we had done it 5 years ago when we moved in.

Ditto on Brooke's comment! :)

shannon taylor said...

what is a tulip tree??? do I need one?

shannon taylor said...

ok I googled it, I definitely one (or more) in our yard. Looks like they grow well in iowa too!!

KB said...

Shannon, Here is a link to some Tulip Tree info. We looked at a lot of trees and originally bought a mimosa. Then we found out that they make a big sticky mess when the flowers drop. So we did some more research and found the yellow poplar "tulip tree". It grows fast, is a good shade tree, flowers with tulip-like flowers in the spring, turns orange in the fall and is recommended by Utah State's Dept. of Agriculture as a tree that should be planted more often in Utah. All this, and I probably would have bought it for the name. ;)

http://www.naturehills.com/product/tulip_poplar.aspx

KB said...

Ha! I didn't see your second comment until just now. :P