Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Culture Shock

Last winter I sold my soul to the devil and took a job in the corporate world. Having mostly worked in nonprofit since graduating from college, it has been a shock to my system. I regularly disagree with the business decisions made by the company and whine about needing more positive feedback for my team. Things that were once my strengths (openly sharing the information available to me with others, speaking candidly about how I feel on issues, advocating the rights of people) have now become my weakness. It has been nice to have the extra income, but I really have to wonder if I will ever adapt. Can a person truly adapt to a foreign culture, or will they always feel a little bit homesick?

3 comments:

Sara said...

You are great at your job! You make my job so much more pleasant so of course it's worth it :)

Ericksons said...

the job won't be the same with out you!

Sara said...

Kriste,

I am so sad you are leaving. You really are wonderful to work with. I will miss you so much! See you at the bakery!
Sara