Thursday, March 13, 2014

chocolate crinkles

I don't often make chocolate cookies, but when I do, I like to use the recipe for Chocolate Crinkles in my ancient Hershey's "Make it Chocolate!" cookbook. This past week, I tried making them with coconut oil for the first time and they turned out perfectly. We used them to make mini ice-cream sandwiches. :)

Here is the recipe with my adaptations, one of which is skipping the 6 hours of chill time because, in the memorable words of Sweet Brown, "Ain't nobody got time for that!"

Chocolate Crinkles

2 cups sugar
3/4 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup cocoa powder
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

In large mixer bowl combine sugar and oil. Add cocoa; blend well. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt, blending well. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheet. Bake 12 minutes or until almost no indentation remains when touched.


No comments: