Wednesday, September 16, 2009

stupid presidents

My son is worried he will be the only one in his class watching "The Obama Speech" tomorrow. It was delayed because our school district opted out the day it was originally shown, then realized they looked like they weren't supporting the President and sent a letter around asking people to send a form if they don't want their kids to watch the President on tv at school tomorrow.

You know, for 8 years we had a president I didn't vote for. I could have "opted out" of supporting him. But I didn't. I supported the stupid Republican president - maybe now we could all support the stupid Democratic president...

After all, as that one annoying country song says, I'm proud to be an American - not I'm proud to be a Republican...

2 comments:

shannon taylor said...

2 of my kids saw the speech and they totally loved it. my high schooler said there was a large crowd of kids who went to the office rather than watch, which surprised me. but seriously, a district not showing it is totally ridiculous! it's a good, inspiring speech that's not different than what many many other presidents have done!

JoandDoug said...

I totally agree. Couldn't have said it better myself.