Sunday, April 12, 2009

this egg stinks

We dye eggs every year. Some of us put in more effort than others, us being Abi and Max and I, others being Dave, but there is always an egg or two that is the "cool" egg. The great idea. The star.

This year I came up with the idea to make our egg-selves, which I thought was pretty darn cool. But then I noticed one of Dave's eggs was missing. I asked him where it was and he said he didn't know. Being a bit OCD-esque, I checked every cup until I found it.

As I lifted the turquoise egg from its long-lived bath, I read the words Dave had quickly etched in wax, "He who finds this egg stinks."

Cool. The great idea. The star. Without even trying...

3 comments:

western dave said...

that's right. i rule! or... 'i'm steve!'

Kayleen said...

OH MY GOSH! That is the funniest egg story EVER! I'm going to personalize our eggs next year. ha ha!

Carol said...

I'm happy to see that ours isn't the only family that must also have the cat represented for the kids to think it is complete.