Sunday, December 7, 2008

water mellon recipe

Every few years my kids find my scrapbook and look through the scraps of my life. My favorite scrap from all 39 years is a cookbook written by my Kindergarten class. The fact that it's in its original state, typed on a typewriter with purple ink, makes it pretty great. But add to that the names of the kids I knew all my life and recipes for things like "Pickle" and "Toast" and it might be the most valuable thing I own.

Here is my favorite recipe from the book:


Water Mellon

1 t. sugar
2 t. oil
1 t. powder
7 black seeds

Mix it up in a bowl. Let it get cool in the refrigerator. That's all.

1 comment:

Lexie said...

That is awesome! I totally have one of those from Kindergarten. Every time I look at it I laugh hysterically. I have come a long way as far as cooking goes!