Wednesday, January 23, 2008

baby it's cold outside

I hate this time of year. It's cold, it's dreary, there is little to look forward to. Spring is too far off to dream about and Valentine's Day is no consolation if you have been married for more than a minute. The best part of premarital Valentine's Day was the hope of a secret admirer or a declaration of love from a soul mate. But my admirer is no longer secret. And my soul mate makes me oatmeal on an ordinary weekday morning, which is way better than a nasty candy heart that says "be mine". And, so! The winter weeks loom ahead and I struggle to find purpose in getting out of bed and the cat hunts the heating vents like a thing possessed...

1 comment:

western dave said...

maybe he will just make you some super special oatmeal on the 14th. :-)